Give grilled chicken a saucy twist with this colorful summertime recipe! By pairing the smoky goodness of grilled chicken with the sweetness of sticky honey, and the zestiness of fresh, cool lime, our Grilled Honey Lime Cilantro Chicken Skewers recipe will leave you satisfied. Featuring three of our best selling PSC spices , this crave-worthy grilled chicken dish mixes ginger, garlic, and cilantro, resulting in a fun and full flavor profile that pairs perfectly with backyard picnics. So gather your friends, fire up the grill, and enjoy our Grilled Honey Lime Cilantro Chicken Skewers!
About PSC Ginger Ground: The exotic union of citrus and earthy notes that adds a bright and refreshing zest.
About PSC Garlic Powder: Pungent, herbaceous flavor with savory undertones that draws out flavor.
About PSC Cilantro Leaves : A delightfully bright and leafy seasoning that adds depth and interest.
2 lbs chicken breast
½ cup honey
4 tbsp oil
1 lime, zested
2 limes, juiced
2 tbsp PSC Cilantro Leaves
1 tsp PSC Garlic Powder
½ tsp PSC Ginger Ground
pinch of salt
fresh cilantro leaves, chopped for garnish
- Dry chicken breasts with a paper towel, Slice into 1-inch pieces. (Tip: to ensure the skewers cook evenly, it is important to cut the pieces of chicken to roughly similar sizes).
- Place chicken pieces into bowl or sealable, zip-lock food bag.
- Prepare marinade: In a small bowl, mix together honey, oil, lime zest, lime juice, PSC Cilantro Leaves, PSC Garlic Powder, PSC Ginger Ground, and salt.
- Pour marinade over the chicken pieces and mix well. Cover the bowl or seal the bag and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour (max 24 hours).
- While chicken is marinating, place wooden skewers into water to soak – this will stop them from burning during cooking (or use metal skewers).
- After 1 hour, remove chicken from fridge and remove skewers from water.
- Thread chicken pieces onto skewers and place them on a tray for cooking.
- Heat grill then place skewers on grill. Cook skewers for about 4 minutes on each side until slightly charred and cooked all the way through.
- Top with the remaining fresh cilantro and lime wedges, and serve.
Prep Time: 1 hr 15 min
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
Total time: 1 hr 23 minutes
Servings: 4 (makes 8 skewers)
Suggestions for Chicken Skewers:
Make it a meal! This dish pairs well with a side of rice and grilled veggies for a complete meal.
Make it vegan! Replace the chicken with grilled portobello mushrooms or your favorite veggies.