There’s nothing like a warm drink to ring in holiday cheer; and this season, it’s easy to give your beverage of choice a winter update with our Mulled Wine recipe! Heated, spiced, and sweetened, mulled wine is the perfect accompaniment to both a quiet night in and a festive holiday celebration. And the best part is, you don’t need a fancy bottle of wine to make a delightfully complex and enjoyable drink. Start with a mid-tier wine and don’t be afraid to get creative while making this fun and delicious winter warmer.
PSC Mulling Spice Blend: A mixture of spices such as cloves, cinnamon sticks, orange peel and other spices, our PSC Mulling Spice Blend is designed to flavor cold-weather favorites like mulled wine and apple cider.
1 bottle red wine (750ml)
1 cup orange juice
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp PSC Mulling Spice Blend
Orange slices, whole star anise, and whole cinnamon sticks
- Pour bottle of wine into a large pan. Add the orange juice and sugar and place over a low-medium heat.
- As the wine heats up, add PSC Mulling Spice Blend. Stir well.
- Continue to heat until it almost simmers. NOTE: Do not boil as this will cook off the alcohol.
- Turn the heat to low and stir again to ensure the sugar has dissolved. Cover and continue to heat for another 15 minutes. Make sure it remains below boiling.
- Remove from heat and strain through a sieve to remove the spices.
- Serve in mugs or heatproof glasses. Garnish with a slice of orange, a whole star anise, and a whole cinnamon stick.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 4 mugs
Spread holiday cheer! Serve it around a warm fire or under the mistletoe for an extra dose of holiday spirit!